Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 11 Post-Op (and SNOW in April!)


This Wednesday will be the day of my 11 weeks post-operation. Right now, I'm bearing as much weight as comfortable while wearing an ankle brace and tennis shoes. My ankle is more stiff when I wake up in the morning, but it gets a little better throughout the day. I can walk short distances fine, but getting to classes is still too far. Plus it's still snowing. Which means, again, I have to be extra careful not to slip (which is how I got in this mess in the first place). Minnesota just isn't giving up on this winter! Although it's Earth Day today, I'm not too appreciative of this weather we have! The good news is my surgery is coming up in two days! I'll finally get the big screw removed, so hopefully that will allow for more range of motion in my ankle. Here are some pictures from today:

This first video is my ankle range of motion, just to record what it was like before the screw removal surgery.


Outside my dorm room. April 22, 2013.

My ankle brace


The scar. It's getting a lot better! The scar itself is flat, but still a little red.

Still a big, swollen ankle...



No comments:

Post a Comment