Saturday, April 27, 2013

3 days post-screw removal surgery

Today is three days post-screw removal surgery, and I'm feeling pretty good! It was only one screw, so I took some advil for the first two days, and I've felt fine since then. The day of the surgery, I came back to my dorm room really tired and exhausted, but after that day things got better. I was completely non-weight bearing using crutches for the first few days after surgery. My surgeon told me I could start bearing weight a few days afterwards. I had gone to the gym yesterday with a friend and after doing the stationary bike for half an hour, I decided to try walking and it felt great! I think exercising it and moving it around more helped. I can still only walk short distances with a limp, but I hope to be off crutches by finals week (which is 9 days away...AH)!

I still put ice over my wrapping. I'm not sure how swollen my ankle looks because I can't take the wrap off until my appointment next Tuesday. I have been getting more muscle back in my calf, which is a good sign! Overall, I'm feeling good about this surgery (and glad it's over). Now that Minnesota finally has spring weather (yesterday was in the 60s, today is in the 70s!), I am getting that urge to go for a run outside...unfortunately that probably won't happen for a few months. I'm still enjoying the weather, but I can't wait for the day when I can finally walk "normal" and get rid of the crutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment